Nursery & Reception
Oasis Academy Long Cross Nursery offers 90 places for children who are entitled to the minimum of 15 hours of free childcare. Parents can apply for their children to attend either Morning Nursery or Afternoon Nursery:
Morning Nursery runs from 8:40 – 11:40am on Monday to Friday (5 sessions).
Afternoon Nursery runs from 12:30 – 3:30pm on Monday to Friday (5 sessions).
There are 10 places for parents who wish to extend their child’s universal entitlement of 15 hours of free childcare to up to 30 hours. Parents can obtain extended childcare by claiming up to 15 extra hours of free childcare if they are eligible.
Our curriculum is based on 4 guiding principles:
- every child is unique
- children learn through positive relationships
- enabling environments in which children's experiences respond to their individual needs
- Learning and development - recognising that children learn in different ways and at different rates
There are 7 areas of learning learning and development that are split into 'prime' and 'specific' areas of learning:
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal and Social Development
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
Assessment takes place through daily interactions and observations and these inform judgements that are made against the Early Learning Goals. An Early Years Foundation Stage Profile must be completed by the June of the Reception Year for every child. Records of your child's learning journey are shared with you regularly.
To find out more about the Early Years Foundation Stage please visit www.foundationyears.org.uk
How do i know if i am eligible for funding support?
Places within our Nursery for 2-year-olds is free for families eligible as per the cirteria on the council website.
Who can apply?
Your child might be eligible if you receive any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- tax credits and have an annual income under £16,190 before tax
- the Working Tax Credit 4-week ‘run-on’ (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
Or if your child:
- has a disability or special educational needs
- has a child protection plan
- is looked after by us
- is a member of a travelling family
- has left care but are not able to return home (are under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order)